Last updated February 19th
|Photo by Karolina Zamecka|
On Saturday, February 19th, pack your car with friends & family and join us at the store anytime between 11 am and 5 pm. Meet the artists, pick up the map of town and coupons, tour the town, eat at a local restaurant, come back to the store, meet new visitors.
The guided tour of Oyster Bay starts at 2:30 pm and takes about 1 hour. It will be conducted by Isaac Kremer of the Main Street Association.
Self-guided audio tours are available, as well. Pick up the audio players at the Oyster Bay Railroad Museum at 102 Audrey Avenue, 11 am – 4 pm.
All the historical sites you may want to visit are listed in the booklet we have ready for you. Some of them are:
- Raynham Hall Museum – house dating back to 1770s, 20 West Main Street, 1 pm – 5 pm
- Oyster Bay Railroad Museum – preservation of LI's railroad history, 102 Audrey Avenue, 11 am – 4 pm
- Sagamore Hill – home of Theodore Roosevelt, 3.5 miles out of town, 10 am – 4 pm
- Planting Fields Arboretum – grounds, greenhouses, Coe Hall, 1.5 miles out of town, 9 am – 5 pm
Visit the galleries in town, full list is published on Main Street Association's site. The Teaching Studios of Art at 115 Audrey Ave will have an art class in session.
Raffle drawing will take place at 5 pm at the store. The lucky winner will enjoy a $50 gift certificate for a meal at Canterbury's Oyster Bar & Grill.
Various Oyster Bay restaurants offer discounts to our guests on the day:
- Canterbury's Oyster Bar & Grill – 15% off lunch, 20% off dinner
Oysters and American menu, lots of TR memorabilia
46 Audrey Ave, 516.922.3614
- Cafe al Dente – 15% off dinner (dinner service starts at 3 pm)
Italian, family style
2 Spring Street, 516.922.2442
- Jack Halyards – 20% off lunch or dinner
American Bar and Grill, American cuisine, lots of seafood
62 South Street, 516.922.2999
- Old Homestead - 10% off lunch or dinner
American, TR and Billy Joel have frequented its bar and lounge
107 South Street, 516.922.9293
For your sweet tooth, the Chocolate Lady across the street at 49 Audrey Avenue offers a free chocolate with a purchase of hot chocolate.
Buckingham Variety Store, where Think Long Island First store is located, is offering a 20% discount.